The amount of talent at our Queen City Showcase has been tremendous, but few teams have been more impressive than the eighth-grade Team CP3 group that played up and fought their way to the championship. They don’t necessarily have one particular star, but rather a team of studs that work together to control the action on both ends of the floor. They were led in this contest by their ridiculous depth of guard play, which seemingly can overwhelm any type of opposing backcourt. Between Jaylen Curry, Aden Holloway, Kyre Bishop, Jamir Brown, Xavier Brown, Tyler Bailey, and Treymane Parker, they are different enough to throw out a variety of lineups, simply based on their opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. Marcus Brown and TJ Bishop hold it down for the wing/forward positions with their ability to adapt to whatever the team needs. Their duo of big men, Greg Jackson and Derrick Green, really embrace the little things and understand how to rebound the ball on both ends of the floor. Jackson and Green are a nice complement between length and strength, but both are already very intriguing prospects that are only going to continue getting better. They won in convincing fashion, closing the game with a score of 76-46 over Team Trezz.
- PHR Recruitment Update: 2021 6’6 Jadun Michael September 17, 2019
- Is He The BIGGEST DUDE in HS Hoops?! In-Depth Javarzia Belton Recruiting Interview + Highlights September 17, 2019
- NBA2k20 puts out Player Ratings September 17, 2019
- Phenom Open Gym Tour: Greensboro Day September 17, 2019
- OFFICIAL Tennessee Phenom 150 RECAP … All the Highlights, the High Flyers & MORE!! September 16, 2019