The Phenom Challenge is one of the biggest events around the region and in the country, as 180 teams look to compete at the highest level.
We are expecting a HUGE turnout for this event in Spartanburg, SC on April 26-28. So, Phenom Hoop Report wants to do our part in starting the buzz for the event.
Players and teams, of all ages, will have a chance to play in front of college coaches throughout the weekend. But here are a few players to watch out for, as we preview teams that will be competing.
Check out a few names to look out for.
Team: NL Disciples Elite 17u
1 Jamarii Thomas C/O 2021 6’1 Point Guard
- is a pure point guard, very strong and athletic coming off an ACL injury. Extremely high basketball IQ playing up for the 3rd year with the Disciples. He is a Division 1 PG
2 Jordan Jones C/O2020 5’11 Guard
- is a lights OUT 3-point shooter very scrappy on the defensive end with plenty of bounce and plays above the rim
3 Traevon Guinyard C/O 2020 6’2 Combo Guard
- a kid that can play at all three levels, great pull up game but will explode to the rim and dunk on you
4 Kenel Barrett C/O 2020 6’0 Guard
- is pure point guard who looks to set up others, very scrappy on defense another floor general
5 Trent McIntyre C/O 2020 6’4 Combo Guard
- is a big versatile PG who can play the 1 through the 3, very high basketball IQ. Player of the Year in CAASC Conference and State Champion MVP
9 Davis Blackwell C/O 2020 6’8 Small/Power Forward
- is a true STRETCH Forward that can dominate around the rim but can also step out and knock down the 3. Very athletic, with ability to change shots on the defensive end and He’s a lefty
10 Emmanuel Jatto C/O 2019 6’8 Center/ Power Forward
- is a great rebounder, nice 15 foot shot and very crafty around the rim as well as a vocal leader. Solid defender with the ability to change shots. Averaged 16.5 a game led conference with a total of 478 rebounds in a total of 29 games
11 Joseph Isiah Ray C/O 2020 6’5 Combo Guard
- is a 1st team all-conference player in Piedmont 3-A he is a very versatile kid who can play the 1, 2 or 3 positions. Attacks the rim aggressively and he can also shoot from ever range.
12 Aamaj Platt C/O 2020 6’6 Power Forward
- is a very strong player who rebounds everything and can finish around the rim. Very athletic he is a State Champion from Southwest Guilford
13 Kuluel Madding C/O 2020 6’11 Small Forward/ Power Forward
- is a long versatile stretch forward. Dunks everything around the rim very high motor Can block or change shots at a high rate.1st team Metro 4-A All-Conference
20 Chance Carter C/O 2020 6’2 Combo Guard
- is playing up as a 10th grader very versatile combo guard, a three-point threat every time he hits the floor. He’s another floor general
21 Miles Taylor C/O 2020 6’5 Small Forward
- is a member of the State champion Southwest Guilford team. He has a high motor and he’s a lockdown defender can guard 1-4
22 Zipn Crutchfield C/O 2021 6’3 Guard
- is a high motor 10th grader who finishes around the rim with great moves around the basket that is now transitioning to a guard
23 Tyler Young C/O 2020 6’8 Power Forward/Center
- is 1st team all-conference player best unsigned big man in the class of 2020. Very crafty around the rim can step out and shot the mid-range and extremely strong.