We first watched Jamael Carter (Flight 22 Elite) back in 2015 when he attended the NC Phenom 150 camp. Standing 5’6 at the time, Jamael demonstrated flashes throughout the day. In our camp recap, we stated the following. “Jamael showcased a soft shooting touch and drained five 3-pointers for his team and had a game high 20 points. He has a good feel for the game and the ability to beat defensive pressure and double teams.” Fast forward to 2018. Without question, Jamael is a true floor general that has the ability to make his teammates better. He has good court vision and makes timely passes and has the unique ability to control tempo. Whether he is dishing out assists to teammates or creating his own shot, Jamael is a solid two way player that is constantly making positive contributions on the court. While he may be somewhat undersized at the point guard position, his quickness, tight handles and ability to break down defenders, Jamael has the ability to play at the appropriate collegiate level.
- NC Phenom 150 Session 2: Coach Thread’s Standouts October 15, 2018
- NC Junior Phenom Session 1: Evaluation Team 2 October 15, 2018
- NC Junior Phenom Session 1: Evaluation Team 1 October 15, 2018
- Expanding Options: NAIA October 15, 2018
- Phenom’s Open Gym Tour — Voyager Academy (Durham, NC) October 15, 2018