SAD SAM’S FURIOUS 5 FOR WEEK ENDING 2/3/2018
Greetings HS hoops junkies from across the down-the-stretch piedmont. As the high school regular season is winding down the carnage continues in the IMECK as even more OT games popped up last week. The Great One thinks that the IMECK 4A may have set a state record for OT games in a conference season. North Meck is still cruising, West Charlotte is in a free fall and Lake Norman’s level is rising again. In the SW4A, Independence pulled out the broom on Butler in the regular season and hosts Rocky River for the Patriots’ Senior Night and once promising Myers Park got thumped by lowly East Meck. In the SoMECK 7, Olympic is running the table but has a date with Ardrey Kell on Tuesday. This week will settle the 2nd through 6th seeds in the IMECK as North Meck has secured the top seed. Hopewell has the inside track on the 2nd seed as predicted. Indy has locked up the SW4A’s 1 seed, Rocky River the 2nd and Butler will end up as the 3rd seed for their tournament…. To the 5!!!!!!
1. NORTH MECK – HOSTS VANCE TUESDAY ON THE VIKINGS’ SENIOR NIGHT.
2. INDEPENDENCE – RAVENS COME CALLING ON TUESDAY.
3. OLYMPIC – TRYING TO RUN THE SoMECK TABLE BUT ARDREY KELL STANDS IN THE WAY.
4. ROCKY RIVER – DOES THE RIVER WANT TO BEAT INDY? QUOTH THE RAVENS, “EVERMORE”!
5. ARDREY KELL – KNIGHTS WILL TRY AND SPOIL THE TROJAN’S CLEAN CONFERENCE SWEEP ON TUESDAY.
Don’t sleep on: Butler, Hopewell, Lake Norman, Hough
SAD SAM – HS HOOPS GENIUS